During the 11th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity
(CoP11), TRAFFIC will be focusing specifically on the following agenda items:
- Agenda Item 13.6. “Sustainable use of biodiversity”, including the ‘Revised recommendations of the CBD’s Liaison Group on Bushmeat’ and the ‘Collaborative Partnership on Sustainable Wildlife Management’
; TRAFFIC-WWF position paper on Agenda Item 13.6
(PDF, 350 KB). TRAFFIC Paper on a questionnaire supporting Agenda Item 13.6 in relation to the suggested “Collaborative Partnership on Wildlife Use"
(PDF 320 KB)
- Agenda Item 13.7. “Global Strategy for Plant Conservation (GSPC)”, and related aspects of Agenda Item 5.3. “Business and biodiversity”
; TRAFFIC-WWF position paper on Agenda Item 13.7
(PDF 300 KB)
- Agenda Item 13.10. “Global Taxonomy Initiative (GTI)”, and specifically the related Capacity–Building Strategy
TRAFFIC will be hosting a number of side events, including:
Sharing experiences: Opportunities to Implement the Recommendations on Bushmeat . Side event 2795 . Tuesday 9th October 2012 at 13:15 - 14:45 (light lunch & refreshments will be served). Room 2.02 - Level 2.
Towards the delivery of Aichi Targets 4 and 6 through the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation: Sustainable Use of Wild Plant Resources . Side-event 2846 . Friday 12th October 2012 at 18:15 - 19:45. (light dinner & refreshments will be served). Room 1.09 - Level 1.
‘Going wise’: Mutual benefits for plant-based businesses and national policy-makers in sustainable use of wild plants . Side-event 2847 . Wednesday 17th October 2012 at 18:15 - 19:45. (light dinner & refreshments will be served). Room 2-HITEX 1-Ground Level.
Furthermore, TRAFFIC is also speaking, or providing input into a number of other key side events, including:
- The Biodiversity Indicators Partnership (BIP) and the Aichi Targets – Updates on progress at the global, regional and national level , organised by the BIP, CBD Secretariat and UNEP-WCMC. The BIP is supporting indicator development and use at global, regional and national scales for implementation of the recommendations of SBSTTA 15/1 and SBSTTA 16/2. Side-event 2591. Monday 8th October 2012 at 13:15 – 14:45 (Food and drinks will be provided). Room 1.05, Level 1. A news update on the event .
- Biodiversity and Community Health: Operationalizing Linkages between Conservation and Developmenton the Ground, organised and coordinated by the United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS). Side-event 2714. Tuesday 9th October 2012 at 18:15 – 19:45 (Light refreshments will be served). Room G.05 - Ground level. A partners’ discussion paper is provided for this side-event. A news update and a webcast of the event.
- The Observatory for Central African Forests: A Tool for Monitoring the Sustainable Use of the Biodiversity in the Congo Basin ,( webcast available ) organised by the Joint Research Centre (EC) and CIFOR (CGIAR). Side-event 2781. Wednesday, 10th October 2012 at 18:15 - 19:45. Room 1.03/1.04 - Level 1.
- Promotion of Taxonomic Capacity Building in East and Southeast Asia under the ESABII Programmes , organised by the Ministry of Environment (Japan). ESABII is the “East and Southeast Asia Biodiversity Information Initiative”. Side-event 2626. Tuesday 16th October 2012 at 12:15 - 13:45. Room 1.07 - Level 1, HICC
- Have we turned the corner in tiger conservation? Organised by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (India) and WWF. Side-event 2656. Wednesday 17th October 2012 at 18:15 - 19:45 (refreshments thereafter). Room 1.07 - Level 1, HICC